The deadline to file 2021 tax returns is now in the rearview mirror for most people. But what if you owe tax and didn’t request a filing extension? You should file soon to limit interest and penalties. Here are some after-tax-day tips from the IRS: Make a full or partial payment online by debit or credit card or digital wallet. Alternatively, request a payment plan from the IRS. If you filed your return but made a mistake, contact us to determine if you need to file an amended return. Amendments are generally needed for errors involving filing status, income, deductions or credits, but not for math errors or missing forms. Here’s more from the IRS: Call or visit our website for more information!