What if you file your federal tax return and then realize you made a mistake? According to the IRS, the answer depends on the mistake. If the error is mathematical, there’s a good chance it will be caught during the processing and corrected by the IRS. But if you chose the wrong filing status, need to change your income, or forgot deductions or credits, you should file an amended return, using Form 1040X (Amended U.S. Individual Income Tax Return). Allow up to 16 weeks for processing an amended return. Contact us for help preparing the return. The IRS answers questions about filing an amended return and other topics here: https://bit.ly/2OxQK6s Call or visit our website for more information!  https://www.mjscpa.com/