Problems arise when data reported on a W-2 form doesn’t match data held by the Social Security Administration (SSA). Wages and taxes paid can’t be credited to the right wage earner. To fix errors, the SSA regularly notifies employers when mismatches occur in the name and Social Security number on a W-2, or when key data is missing. The problem may be a typo, an unreported name change or inaccurate records. In November, the SSA is sending employers a second round of letters, called Educational Correspondence (EDCOR), requesting corrections of tax year 2018 records. If you receive an EDCOR, visit the SSA online (  ) to correct the records, or contact us for help.  Visit our website for more information!